Caring for multiple babies at one time brings its own special set of joys and challenges! Soon to be parents of twins (or triplets) need extra preparation and this class will do just that!
Pregnancy with Multiples
- Overview of your pregnancy timeline
- Prenatal diet and nutrition
- Setting up support, connecting with local mothers of multiples, online and community resources
Labor Preparation and Birth
- Premature labor and the NICU
- Coping strategies and breathing techniques, pain management options
- Vaginal birth of twins, potential variations of delivery for the second baby, cesarean birth
- Roles of staff members and who is present at a delivery
- Self-care, sleep, and how to cope with the emotional challenges of multiple babies
- Breastfeeding multiples
- Postpartum adjustment, normal newborn care, setting up your home, and tips for coping with more than one infant
- Role of the support person
- Don't wait, or it may be too late! When expecting multiples, your chances of delivering early are higher so we strongly recommend taking this class prior to 34 weeks!
This class can be divided into two 2 1/2 hour sessions on days or evening that work best for you.
"I attended a Expecting Multiples 5 hour private session with my husband and loved that it was just the two of us. I felt like I could ask anything- and did! It was a wonderful experience that left my husband and I feeling informed, more confident, and also excited for the experience ahead"
-M. PHILIPPE, BRANDON MB